Common Causes of Premature Ejaculation
Premature ejaculation refers to when a man ejaculates before he intends to. Climaxing too quickly once aroused can make sexual intercourse frustrating. It can interrupt what was intended to be a long intimate interaction between you and your partner. Meanwhile, problems with timing can introduce tension into a relationship and leave your partner unsatisfied.
It can be difficult to control how your body regulates sexual impulses. To better understand what is happening and learn why some men seek premature ejaculation treatment, review these common causes of premature ejaculation to see if any sound familiar.
• Conditioning – Some men have taught themselves to reach climax quickly through masturbation. This habit of speeding up arousal can carry over into sexual relationships.
• Childhood Trauma – Men who went through sexual childhood trauma may develop anxiety related to that past experience that manifests itself during present sexual activities.
• Stress and Depression – Whether it’s related to work, financial frustration or other emotional causes, feelings of depression and stress can distract from the focus of making intercourse last.
• Anxiety and Performance Pressure – Nerves about performance and how your partner perceives you can complicate sex. Thoughts about these matters can distract you from being in the moment with your partner.
• Habits Related to Porn Consumption – Some studies show that excessive porn watching and masturbation can result in developing the habit of climaxing quickly. While quickly achieving orgasm during masturbation may be convenient, you may be teaching yourself habits that are hard to break in a relationship.
• Physical Illness – In some cases, serious medical causes are the root causes men are experiencing prior to seeking premature ejaculation treatment. Potential biological causes include prostate disease, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, drug use and alcohol consumption.
• Relational issues – Conflicts from previous sexual relationships or emotional difficulties in your current relationship may impact your state of mind during sexual activity and cause you to rush through the motions.
• Hormonal Imbalance – Hormones like Serotonin and Testosterone can have an impact on your sexual behavior. When you have a thyroid problem or other hormonal imbalances, your ability to last during sex may be compromised.
• Psychological Factors, Overexcitement, Feelings of Guilt – Other emotions can be at work wreaking havoc during the time when you want to focus on making your erection last and delaying ejaculation.
Fortunately, premature ejaculation is a treatable condition. Meet with one of the physicians at the Memphis Men’s Clinic to find out how lifestyle changes, exercises, therapy and medication may be used for premature ejaculation treatment.