Nearly 50% of men who are over the age of 40, and 70% of men over 65 experience erection problems—you’re not alone.
Erectile dysfunction prevents men from having or finishing sex and can cause stress, relationship strain, and low self-confidence. That’s where Memphis Men’s Clinic comes in. We are an ED clinic that provides comprehensive and permanent erectile dysfunction treatment options.
Erectile dysfunction is extremely common, but seeking help and treatment can be a tough decision. At Memphis Men’s Clinic, we’re here to help restore your sex drive and provide permanent solutions that help you take back control of your sexual health and wellness.
How Do Erections Work?
During sexual arousal, nerves release chemicals that increase blood flow into the penis. Blood flows into two erection chambers in the penis, made of spongy muscle tissue. During an erection, the spongy tissues relax and trap blood. The blood pressure in the chambers makes the penis firm, causing an erection. When a man has an orgasm, a second set of nerve signals reach the penis and cause the muscular tissues in the penis to contract and blood is released back into a man’s circulation and the erection comes down.
When you are not sexually aroused, the penis is soft and limp. Men may notice that the size of the penis varies with warmth or cold; this is normal and reflects the balance of blood coming into and leaving the penis.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction, also called impotence, is the persistent inability to get or keep an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. Having trouble getting or maintaining an erection from time to time isn’t necessarily a cause for concern, but if erectile dysfunction is an ongoing issue, you should be evaluated by a healthcare professional. This sexual dysfunction can be a sign of an underlying health condition that needs treatment and it is also a risk factor for heart disease.
Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms
Like other medical problems, erectile dysfunction has indicative signs and symptoms. Here are the three most common:
- Achieving an erection is unusually difficult
- Maintaining an erection becomes tough
- Your usual sexual desire seems to be uncommonly absent
If the above symptoms sound familiar, we’re here to help. Contact us to schedule a consultation.
Erectile Dysfunction Causes
There are a few behavioral and lifestyle habits that are considered risk factors for helping increase the likelihood of experiencing erectile dysfunction, as well as some health conditions that may result in ED, including the following:
- Frequent alcohol consumption
- Long-term use of tobacco products
- Certain prescription medications
- Obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, & heart disease
- Low testosterone
- Stress, depression, and anxiety
- Sleep disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Peyronie’s disease (development of scar tissue inside the penis)
- Use of THC Products
No matter whether the cause of your erection problems is physical or psychological, our team of all-male professionals can help identify the cause or causes and provide options to help treat erectile dysfunction.
When Does Erectile Dysfunction Start?
In general, the younger a man is, the better his sexual function will be. Men commonly begin to experience trouble getting or keeping an erection anywhere between the ages of 40 and 70.
ED Treatment Options
The treatments for ED are as varied as the causes. At Memphis Men’s Clinic, our experienced all-male professionals know how to get to the root of the problem so that you can fix the cause—not just the symptoms—of ED. Sometimes the solution is as simple as changing diet or lifestyle issues, such as smoking, excessive drinking, or reducing stress.
Often though, there are issues that are not controllable, such as low testosterone or other physiological contributors. These issues can often be fixed with clinical treatments.
At Memphis Men’s Clinic, our ED treatment options include:
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy – Low testosterone levels are a natural part of life but can be combated with TRT therapy.
- Platelet-rich Plasma Therapy (PRP) – PPR injections are a safe, non-surgical approach that utilizes your cells to stimulate the growth of virile new cells in your penis.
- WAVE Therapy – A revolutionary new treatment for ED that’s entirely medicine-free! It is a safe and proven treatment that uses sound waves to improve blood flow to the penis.
- Tri-Mix and other ED medications - a combination of three medications that are commonly used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED). The medication is delivered directly into the erectile chambers of the penis. This method allows for a rapid onset of action and can be effective for men who do not respond well to other forms of treatment.
- Sildenafil: This was the first oral medication approved for the treatment of ED. It is usually taken about 30 minutes to an hour before sexual activity.
- Tadalafil: Known for its longer duration of action, allowing for spontaneity in sexual activity. It can be taken as needed or in a lower daily dose for continuous effectiveness.
- Vardenafil: Similar to sildenafil, it is taken about an hour before sexual activity.
- Avanafil: It may start working in as little as 15 minutes in some individuals, making it a quicker option for those who want a more rapid response.
- Other safe, effective treatment options.
Contact Memphis Men’s Clinic to Learn More About ED Treatment
Your sexual wellness is just as natural and normal as any other aspect of your health, and we at Memphis Men’s Clinic are here to help. Our all-male team of dedicated sexual health professionals is here to find the best possible answer for you. If that includes partnering with your primary care physician, we’ll do it. We are fully focused and committed to a customized plan that fits your needs.
If you are struggling with erectile dysfunction, contact us today!